Protecting Your Privacy
At Mentors Insync Pty Ltd ("Mentors Insync", "we" or "us"), your privacy is important. We consider your privacy in decisions we make, about what personal information we collect, how we gather it, as well as how we respect that information. We implement privacy controls and utilize security technologies to protect your information in accordance with industry standards.
Mentors Insync is a social network, SaaS platform that allows “Mentors” and “Mentees” to connect with one another. Users share their personal information including professional details. The Service allows them to engage with others, exchange information, develop skills, post and view relevant content, establish networks that may lead to further opportunities and possibilities.
Mentors Insync will only collect your personal information that enable us to provide you with the best services to connect you with others. Information gathered helps us with our intelligent matching features, ensuring better results and ideal connection/s for you, based on your requirements.
We will only provide your personal information to third parties:
- with your consent.
- in order to carry out your instructions.
- in order to provide you with our Service.
- when required by law.
- in order to enforce our Terms and Conditions, or
- to protect the rights, property, or safety of Mentors Insync, other users and the public.
Information collected and how it is used
We collect the following types of information:
- Registration – we collect relevant personal details such as your name, email address, password etc.
- Profile Information – this includes professional interests, experiences, expertise; career interests, skills, goals etc. These details help with our intelligent matching feature in order that we can connect you with the most suitable mentor / mentee for your needs. You are able to make changes to this information as necessary; however all fields must be filled-in where indicated.
- Personalized experience and Service development - we collect information from you and other members in order to provide you with a more intuitive and personalized experience, improving engagements with others. We conduct regular research and development to help improve our services.
- Help / Customer Service – when you contact us for help or support, we may need to access relevant information to be able to categorize, respond or investigate any issues. We may also use this information to track potential problems and to make improvements to our Services.
- Groups – If you participate in groups or share or import content; any information you choose to disclose may be read, collected and used by other users of these services and other third parties including advertisers. We are not responsible for the information you choose to disclose using these services. Some content in groups may be public and searchable on the internet. You can remove content you share with groups at any time; however others may have already copied and used the information you shared. Content that is distributed through groups, sharing features and third-party integration may result in some of your personal information being displayed outside of our Services.
- Advertising – Wherever possible, advertising is related to specific industries and are there to add value to your experience. We try to ensure that these advertisements do not become obtrusive or interfere with the use of our Services. Technologies such as web beacons may be used to collect information about your use of advertisements. If you do not want us to track your use of third party sites, you may opt out by sending a request to firstname.lastname@example.org. If you do not opt out, you consent to our use of web beacons and other technologies. We are not responsible for how you engage with any form of advertising on our Services or how you engage with any advertising associated with third party sites. It is up to you whether you take advantage, provide information or engage with their offers or incentives etc. You consent to them directly, for the use of your personal information as requested by them.
- Devices & Networks – We collect information from the devices and networks you use to access our Services including URL’s, IP addresses, computer operating system details, type of web browser used, mobile device information (including mobile devices identifier and mobile operating system) and the name of your ISP or mobile carrier. We may also receive location data provided by third party services or GPS devices that you set up and accept through settings on your device/s.
- Data & Statistics - We use certain information for data collection including surveys, polls, ads you may click on or view, statistical information associated with the use of the Services such as country, career types etc. We may also collect information associated with your account such as your IP address and devices used by you to access our Services.
- Surveys - We generally conduct our own surveys for research purposes. You have the right to opt out from participating.
- Testimonials & Endorsements - we may use your testimonials to market Mentors Insync. Where possible, we will try to obtain your consent prior. Where consent has not been received, we will avoid using your name. You will have the right to opt out from us publishing your testimonials. Testimonials related to endorsements may be used by you to promote yourself - for example on your resume. It is important to know that these endorsements may be used in this way, as you similarly give your connections the right to use this information.
- Legally - We may disclose your personal information if required to do so legally, or in order to enforce our Terms and Conditions. We may disclose your personal information if we believe it is reasonably necessary in order to: investigate, prevent or take action in relation to suspected illegal activities, to assist government enforcement agencies, to investigate or defend ourselves in the case of any third party claims or allegations, to protect the security or integrity of our Service; or to exercise or protect the rights or safety of Mentors Insync, other users of our Services, our personnel, or others.
Where we process information
We may use your personal information to send direct marketing to you relating to our products and services and new developments we believe may be of interest to you.
You may opt out of receiving direct marketing through the unsubscribe function that will be made available to you with each direct communication or by updating any opt in / opt out options that may be available through your account.
Your rights and obligations
You have the right to change your information at any time by editing your profile, deleting content you have posted, or by closing your account.
We will retain your information for as long as your account is active or as needed. Certain information may be retained even after you close your account if it is needed for legal and / or other purposes.
While specific names of the cookies and similar technologies which we use, may change from time to time, as we improve and update our Services, they are generally used for authentication, security and site integrity, advertising, localization, site features and services, performance and analytics and research.
Security is important to us. We strive to protect any information you provide to us. We use all reasonable endeavors to ensure that Mentors Insync and your information are not compromised. We cannot guarantee that no harmful code will enter the site. We expect you to be aware of the risks associated with using websites. We recommend that you use appropriate and up-to-date firewall and anti-virus software to protect your computer systems. We have implemented security safeguards in accordance with industry standards to protect your personal information. We have included password protected access to your data; secure access to the Mentors Insync website, and we regularly monitor our system for vulnerabilities and attacks. We store data on secure third party servers; however, the internet is not a 100% secure environment; therefore we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us. We are unable to guarantee that information will not be tampered with or be destroyed due to a breach of any of our physical, technical, or managerial safeguards. We expect you to implement your own security safeguards such as protecting your login details, using a strong password and being careful not to communicate any confidential information through these means.
How to Contact Us
We will take reasonable steps to remedy any issues resulting from our failure to comply with our privacy obligations.
Last updated September 2015